I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. This past Saturday my Chicken Adobo made it Top 9 dish on Foodbuzz. To me and my husband, it was really like winning the lottery because we didn’t expected it at all. I would like to thank all my readers for visiting my site. I’ve been working hard for my website and I really appreciate your time here. And for those of you who found me through the Foodbuzz Top 9 link, welcome! I am sincerely happy if you enjoy my website and recipes.
Now let’s talk about today’s recipe. In my previous post (just below), I talked about this great sauce called Shiso Garlic Soy Sauce. Today’s recipe is a Beef Donburi using this sauce.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- ¾ lb (1 pkg) thinly sliced beef for Shabu Shabu
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small potato
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Shiso Garlic Soy Sauce
- 3-4 Servings Japanese rice
- 1 Tbsp. sake
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the meat into strips. Slice onion and shiitake mushrooms thinly. Cut potato into thin strips. In a medium bowl, combine seasonings and mix well.
- In the medium bowl, add meat and mix well with hands.
- Sprinkle corn starch and mix with hands again.
- In a non-stick frying pan heat oil on medium high heat. Corn starch will easily stick to the pan, so I would recommend using non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and potato and cook until they are soft.
- Add the meat and shiitake mushrooms in the pan and cook thoroughly until the meat is done (*shiitake is missing from the picture below).
- Add sugar and Shiso Garlic Soy Sauce and mix all together.
- Cook for a few minutes. Put rice in a donburi bowl and serve the beef on top of the rice. Take out shiso from the container and cut into thin strips. Put them on top of the beef and serve immediately.