I hope you are enjoying barbequing this summer as I’m sharing an easy and delicious Grilled Miso Chicken today! I use miso in many of my recipes and today I used Hikari Miso‘s organic white miso to make ginger miso marinade.
I mostly use chicken thighs for my recipes because it is more flavorful and juicer than chicken breasts. However, today I made Grilled Miso Chicken using chicken breasts. I’ve made this recipe a few times and every time I was surprised to see how juicy it is!
The key is to pound the breast fillets to be thin so they will cook faster and evenly. Overcooking will make the meat dry and if the meat is not the even thickness, some parts may be under-cooked while other parts are overcooked.
Hikari Miso products will be available in Amazon soon (some are available already). You can also buy Hikari Miso products in Japanese grocery stores (my local Japanese and Asian stores carry their product).
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Hikari Miso. To read more about my partnership with Hikari Miso (press release), click HERE.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (1 lb = 2 fillets)
- Mix all ingredients for ginger miso sauce together in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper or parchment paper. Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken breasts to an even 1/2-inch thickness.
- Put the chicken breasts in a large zipped plastic bag and add the sauce. Rub marinade into meat until evenly coated. Seal the bag and marinade at least 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat an outdoor grill to high. Spray the grates with cooking spray or soak paper towel in olive oil and rub over grates several times until coated.
- Place the chicken breasts on the hot grate, and grill the breasts until cooked, about 4 minutes per side. To test for doneness, poke a breast with your finger. It should feel firm to the touch.
- Transfer the breasts to plates.
- Serve with steamed rice or salad.
Miso: I used Organic Miso White Type.
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.