How To Make Soft Boiled Egg (Hanjuku Tamago)
Serves: Depends on the amount of ingredients
- Eggs, refrigerated (I used extra large eggs)
- Put water (enough to cover eggs) in a saucepan and bring the water to boil on medium heat.
- Once boiling, take out the eggs from the refrigerator and gently put the eggs in the boiling water using a sieve or ladle.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the egg for 6.5 minutes to be runny and for 9 minutes to be soft but mostly solidified.
- (Optional) While cooking, gently rotate the eggs few times with a chopstick or spoon to make sure the location of egg yolk will stay in the middle.
- When it's done, drain the water and soak the eggs in iced water for 3 minutes. Peel the shell gently. When the eggs are done on soft side, you need to be extra careful.
- This egg is cooked for 7 minutes.
- This egg is cooked for 8 minutes.
The cooking time may vary depends on the size of eggs and the starting temperature of the egg.