When you need more side dishes to pack in your bento, here’s a quick and delicious recipe.
Check to see if you have bacon in your refrigerator. Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus is a quick dish you can make in just a few minutes! If you don’t have asparagus, you can be creative and use other ingredients that you can wrap bacon with. I like wrapping enoki or shimeji mushrooms, prawns, and scallops with bacon.
For this recipe, I used a frying pan instead of oven to cook bacon-wrapped asparagus. The ingredients inside bacon should be either pre-cooked or can be cooked thoroughly in a short time.
This recipe comes in handy when you need just a small side dish to pack in bento.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- 1 spear asparagus (end trimmed off)
- 1 slice bacon (center cut, cut in half)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Gather all the ingredients.
- Cut the asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces (6 pieces from one asparagus spear).
- Blanch the asparagus in a saucepan until tender. Or you can put the asparagus in a microwave-safe bowl filled with water and cover with plastic wrap, and then microwave it until tender (just 30-60 seconds for a few asparagus).
- Place 3 pieces of asparagus on each bacon and wrap the bacon around asparagus; secure ends with a toothpick.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the bacon wrapped asparagus until bacon is crispy. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper.
Equipment you will need:
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.