When you need more side dishes to pack in your bento, here’s a quick and delicious recipe.
Check to see if you have bacon in your refrigerator. Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus is a quick dish you can make in just a few minutes! If you don’t have asparagus, you can be creative and use other ingredients that you can wrap bacon with. I like wrapping enoki or shimeji mushrooms, prawns, and scallops with bacon.
For this recipe, I used a frying pan instead of oven to cook bacon-wrapped asparagus. The ingredients inside bacon should be either pre-cooked or can be cooked thoroughly in a short time.
This recipe comes in handy when you need just a small side dish to pack in bento.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- 1 asparagus spear, end trimmed off
- 1 slice center cut bacon, cut in half
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 toothpicks
- Cut the asparagus into 1½ inch pieces (6 pieces from one asparagus spear).
- Blanch the asparagus in a saucepan until tender. Or you can put the asparagus in a microwave-safe bowl filled with water and cover with plastic wrap, and then microwave it until tender (just 30-60 seconds for a few asparagus).
- Place 3 pieces of asparagus on each bacon and wrap the bacon around asparagus; secure ends with a toothpick.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the bacon wrapped asparagus until bacon is crispy. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper.