One simple way to dress up a bento is by making Ham Flowers. All you need are a ham and a knife!
I added a red radish in the center to make it look more like a flower and to give some accent, but it’s optional. I also used a toothpick to secure the ham here, but if you pack tightly in bento box you don’t need to do so.
Hope this ham flower comes in handy to add a little touch for your bento!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- 1 red radish
- 1 slice ham
- 2 toothpicks
- Cut the red radish to create 2 center parts for the ham flowers.
- Cut the ham in half, and then fold each piece in half.
- Make small inserts every ⅛ inch along the folded edge with a knife.
- Flip over to other side and fold in half. This way, the “petals” will look more fluffy.
- Place the red radish at the end of ham and start rolling using the radish as a core.
- When the ham is all rolled up, use a toothpick to secure ends. Repeat for the other ham.