When you need just one more item to fill your bento box (lunch box), these Octopus Sausages (Tako Sausages) can be a great dish. Not only these are easy to make, the children love the shape of cute octopus in their bento box!
Here’s an example of how I pack these little cute octopus in the lunch box (click HERE to read more). Enjoy surprising your children at their lunch time!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- 3 sausages (Japanese sausages are typically this size)
- 6 sesame seeds
- Japanese sausage are typically 3 inches, if your sausage is longer, cut sausage to 3 inch length. Holding sausage sideways and slice all way down one side. Rotate 90 degrees and slice again. Now the sausage have 4 "legs".
- Cut again between slits and you will end up with 8 legs. Hold the sausage so that the slits don’t open up when you slice through.
- In a small frying pan, heat a little bit of oil and cook sausages on medium heat. When the sausages are cooked through and the “legs” start to open up, remove from the heat and serve or pack in lunch box.
- Add sesame seeds for octopus eyes. 🙂