Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- large Eggs (refrigerated)
- Put water (enough to cover eggs) in a saucepan and bring the water to boil on medium heat.
- Once boiling, take out the eggs from the refrigerator and gently put the eggs in the boiling water using a sieve or ladle.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the egg for 6.5 minutes to be runny and for 9 minutes to be soft but mostly solidified.
- (Optional) While cooking, gently rotate the eggs few times with a chopstick or spoon to make sure the location of egg yolk will stay in the middle.
- When it's done, drain the water and soak the eggs in iced water for 3 minutes. Peel the shell gently. When the eggs are done on soft side, you need to be extra careful.
- This egg is cooked for 6.5 minutes.
- This egg is cooked for 9 minutes.
The cooking time may vary depends on the size of eggs and the starting temperature of the egg.
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.