My day won’t start until I make myself a cup of Chai. I drink Chai two times a day, one in the morning and another one in the afternoon. Ever since my neighbor Indian friend introduced me their authentic way of making Chai, I became addicted and now I can’t live without it!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- 1 cup water (use your tea cup)
- A pinch of ground Cardamom (about 1-2 Cardamoms), discarded pod
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 slice of ginger root (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp. loose black tea (Red Label Orange Peko, Darjeeling etc)
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- In a small saucepan, put water, Cardamom and sugar, and bring it to boil. Add ginger here if you like.
- When it starts boiling, add tea leaves and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk and bring it to boil again. When it starts boiling, reduce heat and keep boiling for 10 seconds.
- Remove from heat and strain tea with a strainer. Serve it with a biscuit or cookie.
* Adjust the amount of ingredients according to the size of your cup.
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.