Today is the day before Christmas Eve and my children are so excited that Santa is coming soon. We arrived home from Taiwan yesterday evening and we’re trying to recover from jet lag. Without having time to take a breather, my mom is arriving this morning from Japan to spend Christmas and New Years with us!
I’m thinking of baking these delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with my mom and the kids today along with some other cookie recipes that I’ve found from other blogs. I know we’re a little behind in cookie making this year but the children are reminding me that we need to bake cookies before Santa comes.
Last month Erin from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts told me her Peanut Butter Cookies recipe is so easy that even I, who doesn’t bake often (or doesn’t bake at all), can bake these. My first reaction was “no butter and no flour? really?” I didn’t even know it’s possible to make cookies with just 3 ingredients (original recipe doesn’t have chocolate chips)! I took her suggestion and tried baking these cookies before my trip to Taiwan. I was really surprised how easy it was to bake these cookies and how delicious they turned out.
From the original recipe that Erin provided, I adapted a little bit by using brown sugar instead of all white sugar. Also I used extra crunch peanut butter for the crunchy texture that I always enjoy. Other than that the recipe is so simple that I have nothing else to add. They were simply scrumptious! Thank you Erin for the recipe! Also I want to thank you Mai from A Cup of Mai for this very useful small cookie scoop that I won from her giveaway LONG time ago… It was so easy to make the same size cookies!
I apologize for the last minute notice but I really want to spend time with my mom as much as possible while she is here, so I decided to take a break from blogging until Monday January 2nd, 2012. Thank you for understanding.
Happy Holidays to you and your family!
- 1 cup extra crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. In a medium size bowl, stir to combine the peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, and egg. Add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Using a cookie scooper or a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon, drop the batter onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. I prefer crunchy cookies, so I bake about 9-10 minutes (my oven usually requires a bit more time than most recipe instructions).
- Remove from oven and let sit on the tray for 5 minute before placing them on a wire rack to cool (because they are really soft).
Source: adapted from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts