I was recently asked to write a guest post by Sandra for her really yummy website called Sandra’s Easy Cooking. I don’t know how to describe my excitement when she requested me. I’m so honored that my website, yes my website can be on HER website. It’s like me going to be on a TV show! (Did I exaggerate too much?) If you enjoy food blogs but have never heard of her website, please take a moment to visit her now and say hello. I’m sure you will find quite a few recipes that you would love to try from her collection. Take your time, and I’ll be here waiting for you.
And now, if you arrived here on my website from Sandra’s Easy Cooking, welcome! I’m sincerely happy that you took the time to visit me! I hope you find a recipe or two that you are interested in trying from my website. Sandra and I are both a stay-at-home mom who’s busy with the kids all day long. So you probably find some similarity between our blogs, like easy recipes or food that kids enjoy, etc.
Back to the main topic, let’s talk about today’s recipe. This salad is easy to make, REALLY easy to make. You can serve this dish as a salad, an appetizer, or even as a side dish to your summer BBQ meal. Did I just say summer? Yes, I did! I really wanted to share even before summer comes so you get to enjoy this delicious food extra many times. Hope you enjoy it!
- ½ sweet onion
- 1 lemon for zest and juice
- 1 lemon for decoration
- 6 oz smoked salmon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. garlic salt with parsley
- ¼ tsp. lemon pepper (I use one from Trader Joe’s)
- Slice the onion with a slicer.
- Soak in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze water out. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Zest a lemon and keep this lemon for juice.
- Slice another lemon with a slicer. If you press the lemon against the slicer, you can get nice thin slices of lemon.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for Lemon Vinaigrette and whisk all together.
- Spread mix greens on a plate and put sliced onion on top.
- Put smoked salmon and sprinkle additional pepper.
- Place some sliced lemons and keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Pour the Lemon Vinaigrette right before serving.
Source: inspired by my friend Naoko