Are you ready to take sushi-making to another level? Today I’m partnering with Tuttle Publishing to give away 2 copies of the Sushi Art Cookbook: The Complete Guide to Kazari Sushi.
Sushi Art Cookbook: The Complete Guide to Kazari Sushi by Ken Kawasumi
As the world’s appetite for Japanese sushi continues to skyrocket, the Sushi Art Cookbook introduces readers to the art of creating sushi that looks as fantastic as it tastes! Author Ken Kawasumi—principal lecturer at the Japanese Sushi Institute—is the pioneering chef behind Kazari Maki Sushi, the art of presenting sushi so that each cross-section of a sushi roll reveals a delightful hidden design.
In this book, Kawasumi presents dozens of specialty rolls as well as traditional sashimi and battleship sushi—the Santa Claus and reindeer rolls are perfect for a Christmas party, there are bunny rolls for Easter, sashimi roses for Valentine’s Day, good fortune symbols for wedding receptions, flowers for bridal showers or Mother’s Day luncheons, and many rolls that are sure to be the hit of a child’s birthday party—including a train, clown, and a cute emoji-like smiley face.
Kawasumi’s easy-to-follow recipes use ingredients found in most grocery stores and suggest substitutes when available. Guided by his expert instructions and clear step-by-step photos, home cooks will be able to add an artistic touch to any occasion.
A sushi cookbook like no other, this guide to decorative Kazari Maki Sushi includes:
- Instructions on how to prepare sushi rice, ingredients, and garnishes
- Essential sushi rolling and pressing techniques
- 85 designs from simple to sophisticated
- Detailed color photographs, documenting step-by-step assembly
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Ken Kawasumi started honing his craft at the age of sixteen, training in various top sushi restaurants and developing his own maki techniques. He has won numerous national sushi competitions and served as instructor for “Sushi Kawasumi” in Kanagawa and Yokohama for several years before becoming principal lecturer at the Japanese Sushi Institute (Tokyo, Tsukiji). He is the founder of the decorative “Kazari Maki Sushi” movement in Japan.
Tuttle Publishing has amazing collection of books, especially topics extending in Asian and Japanese cultures. You can start checking out their bestsellers if you are looking for new books to read.
- Please Note: Your email for the comment entry has to match with your email address in my Email Newsletter Subscription mailing list.
- This giveaway contest closes on Saturday, November 11, at 12 p.m. PST and is open to US only (due to sponsor’s shipping logistics).
- Two (2) winners will be selected via Random.org and contacted via email, so please include a valid email address in the email address entry box (please double check your spelling!).
- The winners are required to respond within 48 hours to claim the prize.
HOW TO ENTER:
The more tickets/comments left on this blog post will increase your odds of winning! Good luck!
Ticket 1 (Required): Subscribe to my Email Newsletter if you haven’t and leave a comment below on this post.
Ticket 2 (Optional): Follow my Instagram and then leave a separate comment below on this post.
Ticket 3 (Optional): Subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a separate comment below on this post.
Ticket 4 (Optional): Like my Facebook and leave a separate comment below on this post.
Ticket 5 (Optional): Like my Twitter and leave a separate comment below on this post.
Full disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Tuttle Publishing.
Thank you for participating this giveaway! The winners are…
#136 – Lee F Yang
#58 – Krystine
Congratulations! I’ll be contacting you shortly. 🙂