I was recently asked to write a guest post by Sandra for her blog Sandra’s Easy Cooking. I don’t know how to describe my excitement when she requested me. If you haven’t heard of her blog before, please take a moment to visit her site now and say hello. I’m sure you will find many recipes that you would love to try from her wonderful recipe collection. Take your time, and I’ll be here waiting for you.
And now, if you arrived here on my website from Sandra’s Easy Cooking, welcome! I’m sincerely happy that you took the time to visit me! I hope you find a recipe or two that you are interested in trying from my website. Sandra and I are both a stay-at-home mom who enjoy cooking for the family, and you probably find some similarity between our blogs, like easy recipes or food that kids enjoy, etc.
Back to the main topic, let’s talk about today’s recipe. This salad is really easy to make and you can serve this dish as an appetizer or side dish to your summer BBQ meal. Hope you enjoy it!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- ½ sweet onion
- 1 lemon for zest and juice
- 1 lemon for decoration
- Mixed green salad or red leaf lettuce
- 6 oz (170 g) smoked salmon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. garlic salt with parsley
- ¼ tsp. lemon pepper (I use one from Trader Joe’s) or freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the onion with a slicer.
- Soak the sliced onion in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze water out. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Zest the lemon and keep this lemon for juice.
- Slice the other lemon with a slicer. If you press the lemon against the slicer, you can get nice thin slices.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for Lemon Vinaigrette and whisk all together.
- Spread mixed green salad on a plate and put sliced onion on top.
- Put smoked salmon and sprinkle additional pepper.
- Place some sliced lemons and keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Pour the Lemon Vinaigrette right before serving.