Want to cook Japanese or Asian dishes but don’t have a store nearby? Here are the shops and marketplace where you can get Asian ingredients online.
Although I’m far away from my home country Japan, I’m fortunate to live near 3 Japanese grocery stores 15 minutes away from our home in the San Francisco area. They carry fresh Japanese produces, dry Asian ingredients, thinly sliced meat, sashimi, and many other products that we can’t find in regular American grocery stores. In the same locale, I can also access to other Asian grocery stores that offer similar goods for Japanese and Asian cooking.
But I understand many folks across the country and outside of the US don’t have such luxuries. Unless you live in a large city, you may need to rely on online shops to get your necessities. So I’ve put together this resource page featuring online shops that offer a wide range of Japanese & Asian ingredients. Also included are trustable shops offering seafood, meat, and even Asian seed company where you can grow your own greens. Hope you find it useful!
Asian Ingredients Online
Here are the sites that I know and have personally used before. If you know of any reliable Japanese or Asian online shops in your country, let us know in the comments below!
- Nihon Ichiban – Ships internationally
Amazon is the easiest online marketplace for Japanese and Asian ingredients. On my Just One Cookbook Shop page, I’ve curated a selection of pantry essentials, kitchen tools, and cookware that I recommend:
Other online shops include:
- 99 Ranch Market
- True fish (formerly ABS Seafood) San Francisco – Sashimi and seafood
- Asian Food Grocer
- Asian Veggies (NYC) – Asian vegetables. Delivery to NYC and part of New Jersey
- Catalina Offshore Products – Sashimi and seafood
- Crowd Cow – Premium Seafood such as salmon, wild Alaskan king crab, and high-quality meat such as wagyu beef and heritage tenderloin
- Dainobu – Japanese online grocery store
- Good Eggs – Japanese fresh produces (Japanese cucumbers, shiso, komatsuna, etc)
- Gold Mine Natural Foods
- Kitazawa Seed Company – Have a garden at home? This company offers a wide selection of Asian seeds where you can grow mizuna, mitsuba, shiso, shishito peppers, etc.
- Midoriya NYC – Currently deliver to NYC
- MTC Kitchen Home – home delivery in NYC and LA
- Natural Imports
- Pacific Mercantile Company
- Rakuten Japan Spot – Japanese snacks, packaged food, condiments
- SFMart.com – Offers a wide range of Korean, Japanese, and Chinese ingredients and ships all over the US.
- The Japanese Pantry – Curated Japanese ingredients
- The Rice Factory New York – The world’s first Japanese rice specialty shop
- Umami Insider – Ships all over US and Canada
- Yamibuy – Offers a wide range of Japanese and Asian ingredients and products
- Yummy Bazzar Japan
- Konbiniya Japan Center – Besides local delivery in Calgary, this Japanese grocery store also offers shipping to Calgary and Alberta.
- Eden Foods – This company offers a variety of Japanese ingredients such as soba, udon, miso, umeboshi, kombu, nori sheet, etc. The website provides information on online retailers that carry their products.
- T&T Supermarket – The shop focuses more on Chinese ingredients, but you can find a variety of Asian products and fresh produce.
- Umami Insider – Ships all over the US and Canada
- Japan Centre
- Starry Mart
- Wai Yee Hong
- Oriental Mart
- Yutaka London
- Fuji Mart – It offers local delivery in Melbourne.
- Snack Affair – Offers a wide range of Japanese and Asian snacks.
- pimenton.be – The online shop carries a wide selection of ingredients for world cuisine, but you’ll be able to find some essential Japanese products such as soy sauce, togarashi pepper, sake, seaweed, Kewpie mayo, soba noodles and more.
- Nishikidori – Shipping available for Europe and internationally
United Arab Emirates
- Gourmet-ya (Online delivery in Dubai, Dubai International Airport and Abu Dhabi)
- El Mart – Online delivery for frozen Japanese and Asian foods in Dubai
Local Japanese & Asian Grocery Stores in Your City
Looking for local Japanese/Asian grocery stores in your city? Check out the list for grocery stores around the world provided by local JOC readers. Some of the shops also provide local delivery, so it’s worth looking them up!