I was recently asked to write a guest post by Sandra for her blog Sandra’s Easy Cooking. I don’t know how to describe my excitement when she requested me. If you haven’t heard of her blog before, please take a moment to visit her site now and say hello. I’m sure you will find many recipes that you would love to try from her wonderful recipe collection. Take your time, and I’ll be here waiting for you. 🙂
And now, if you arrived here on my website from Sandra’s Easy Cooking, welcome! I’m sincerely happy that you took the time to visit me! I hope you find a recipe or two that you are interested in trying from my website. Sandra and I are both stay-at-home moms who enjoy cooking for the family, and you probably find some similarities between our blogs, like easy recipes or food that kids enjoy, etc.
Back to the main topic, let’s talk about today’s recipe. This salad is really easy to make and you can serve this dish as an appetizer or side dish to your summer BBQ meal. Hope you enjoy it!
Smoked Salmon Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- ½ onion
- 1 lemon (for zest and juice)
- 1 lemon (to garnish)
- mixed green (or red leaf lettuce would work great too)
- 6 oz smoked salmon
- freshly ground black pepper
For the Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp garlic salt with parsley
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper (or freshly ground black pepper; I use one from Trader Joe’s)
- Slice the onion with a slicer.
- Soak the sliced onion in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze water out. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Zest the lemon and keep this lemon for juice.
- Slice the other lemon with a slicer. If you press the lemon against the slicer, you can get nice thin slices.
- Spread mixed green salad on a plate and put sliced onion on top.
- Put smoked salmon and sprinkle additional pepper.
- Place some sliced lemons and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the Lemon Vinaigrette and whisk all together. Pour the Lemon Vinaigrette right before serving.
- You can keep the leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Keep the dressing in a separate container.