Delicious and easy arugula salad drizzled with lemon juice, olive oil, and topped with shaved Parmesan cheese. Ready in 5 minutes!
My husband is usually not a big fan of salads, but he would eat them regardless since he knows salads are good for him. Several years ago, he came home quite excited after having lunch at his Dutch coworker’s house. He told me the coworker had served a simple and delicious easy Arugula Salad which he absolutely loved.
My husband then made the salad for me soon after and I knew immediately why he was so smitten by the salad. We enjoyed it so much that we had since served this salad for dinner at least once every other week now.
Quick & Easy Arugula Salad for Dinner Anytime
The wonderful thing about this arugula salad is it’s ridiculously easy to make. With just a few ingredients, you’d have a nice bowl of greens to go with anything really. Besides arugula, you are likely to have most of the ingredients in your kitchen – quality olive oil, fresh lemon juice, freshly ground black pepper, salt, and a trusty block of Parmesan cheese.
This salad might look simple, but the taste is fairly complex. The peppery bitter taste of arugula accented with tangy lemon juice, and blended with slices of Parmesan cheese is quite addicting. If you like arugula, I hope you’ll give this simple salad a try.
- 6 oz arugla (roughly 7 cups)
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan) cheese (and more if you like)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (roughly 1 lemon)
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt (Diamond Crystal; use half for table salt)
- Gather all the ingredients. Rinse the arugula in cold running water and drain well. Place it in the serving bowl.
- For dressing, drizzle the olive oil, lemon juice, and sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Slice the cheese into 1 mm thickness and sprinkle over the salad.
- Toss everything before serving to an individual plate.
- You can keep the leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a day. Enjoy it soon.