A yummy and super easy Frozen Chocolate Banana sprinkled with almonds. Imagine all the fun of dipping bananas into melted chocolate! You’d get the biggest, cutest grins once they are ready to eat.
When you have small children at home like me, it’s very handy to have bananas around the house all the time. My children like to put a banana in their morning cereal and it makes a very handy snack whenever they are hungry.
They also love my Banana Bread but their favorite banana “treats” are these Frozen Chocolate Bananas.
When it comes to quick desserts, I rely on easy dessert recipes like this and Chocolate Covered Strawberries. They are my go-to treats for my children that I can make quickly within half an hour.
After sharing many ice cream recipes, I thought it’s time to share some frozen dessert recipe that doesn’t require an ice cream maker. I highly recommend this treat for your summer parties, children’s play dates, or just simply a guilty pleasure for anyone. Enjoy!
A yummy and super easy Frozen Chocolate Banana sprinkled with almonds. Imagine all the fun of dipping bananas into melted chocolate! You'd get the biggest, cutest grins once they are ready to eat.
- 4 ripe but firm bananas
- 8.8 oz dark chocolate chips (8.8 oz = 250 g) (or semisweet chocolate)
- 1 Tbsp neutral-flavored oil (vegetable, canola, etc) (optional – I don’t usually need it)
- 2 handfuls almonds
Gather all the ingredients.
- Line a toaster oven tray with aluminum foil and toast the almonds in a toaster oven.
- Chop or grind the toasted almonds.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the bananas in half, insert a Popsicle stick into each half, and then peel bananas. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces (so it melts easily) if you are not using chocolate chips. Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and add vegetable oil (to make the chocolate texture smooth, but I normally skip). Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring with a spoon in between each heating. The chocolate pieces might look they are not melted but when you stir, they can be already super soft. Be careful not to overheat; when it burns you can’t use the chocolate anymore.
- Roll each banana in the melted chocolate and use a spoon to pour the chocolate over the banana to coat. Then immediately sprinkle almonds onto chocolate before it sets.
- Freeze chocolate bananas for 30 minutes.
- Serve or put them in an airtight container/Ziploc bag for up to a week.
You can sprinkle granola, chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc) or sprinkles.
Equipment you will need:
- 8 Popsicle sticks
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.