This weekend is Memorial Day Weekend in the US and it’s a three day weekend. Do you have a special plan? We’ll be attending my husband’s high school friend’s wedding on Saturday. We had other plans including visiting friends’ newborn twins but we had to postpone since our family is still sick. Now that our schedule is wide open, I’m really hoping to relax and catch up on some stuff that I haven’t had a chance to do – like organizing my kids’ art work and developing pictures to make albums, catching up on my TV shows, and so on. Since I started this website, I had to re-prioritize my time… so this weekend might be a good time to catch up.
I realized I haven’t posted a salad recipe for a while so today I’d like to share Blood Orange Vinaigrette recipe. Maybe you can try this dressing for your Memorial Day weekend BBQ salad. When I saw this salad dressing at Beth’s website at Beth Michelle last month, I immediately wanted to try. I love citrus flavor in any kind of food, from dessert to dressing. It’s very refreshing and my husband and I loved it. It’s very simple to make and the blood orange looks pretty on the salad. I hope you enjoy this refreshing vinaigrette. Thank you Beth!
Lastly I would like to thank Pola from An Italian Cooking in the Midwest for passing me this award, and Tina from Pinay in Texas Cooking Corner for passing me this award and new award that Sandra from Sandra’s Easy Cooking recently created. Thank you so much girls!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
Green Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette
- green salad
- 1-2 blood oranges
- 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp blood orange juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 shallot (finely minced)
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp blood orange zest
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp kosher/sea salt (I use Diamond Crystal; use half for table salt)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Zest blood orange and lemon.
- Thinly slice blood orange for garnish. If you want to add more slices of blood orange in your salad, use 2 blood oranges so you have enough to get blood orange juice.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Serve green salad on a plate and put blood orange. Drizzle the dressing right before you serve.