Today I’m guest posting at A little bit of everything (now a trEATs affair) while the author Roxana is back home in Romania. She’s featuring several guest bloggers who were born outside of the US and today is my turn. You probably remember her from the guest post Vegan Green Tea Cookies she shared on Just One Cookbook. She is extraordinary talented with baking and you should definitely check out the delicious Vegan Zucchini Bread she just shared on her blog the other day.
If you are an avid reader of my blog, you probably know there is one category in my website that has only a few entries. Yes, that’s sweets and baking category. Since I can’t share many delicious bread, cookies, or any other nice treats, I hope you find some good recipes in Roxana’s recipes index.
Back to my guest post. Since I don’t have any baking recipe to share at the moment and Roxana is a pescatorian, I decided to feature a vegetarian dish. Eggplant with Sesame Ponzu Sauce is one of my favorite eggplant recipe as it’s very easy to make! The combination of eggplant, shiso leaves, and the ponzu sauce is simply amazing. If you are having a party, you can even prepare this beforehand so you’ll have plenty of time to work on the main course.
Last but not least, I want to thank Ann of Cooking Healthy For Me for the Blogger Award. Thank you Ann! Now please head over to A little bit of everything (now a trEATs affair) and check out this quick and delicious appetizer. Have a wonderful Monday everyone!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- Gather all the ingredients.
Finely chop green onions and cut shiso leaves into chiffonade.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for Seasonings and mix all together. Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat sesame oil on medium high heat. While heating up, slice the eggplant into ¼ inch thickness. Before eggplant start to change color, immediately start cooking. Brown both sides of eggplant.
- When eggplant is done cooking, place it on the serving dish.
- Sprinkle green onions. If you like it eat it cold, keep the plates in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Put Shiso leaves on top and pour the Seasonings over the eggplant.
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.