When you need just one more item to fill your bento box (lunch box), these Octopus Sausages (Tako Sausages) can be a great dish. Not only these are easy to make, the children love the shape of cute octopus in their bento box!
Here’s an example of how I pack these little cute octopus in the lunch box (click HERE to read more). Enjoy surprising your children at their lunch time!
Wish to learn more about Japanese cooking? Sign up for our free newsletter to receive cooking tips & recipe updates! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram.
How To Make Octopus Sausage
- 3 Japanese sausages (Japanese sausages are typically this size)
- 6 toasted black sesame seeds
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Japanese sausage are typically 3 inches (7.6 cm), if your sausage is longer, cut sausage to 3 inch (7.6 cm) length. Holding sausage sideways and slice all way down one side. Rotate 90 degrees and slice again. Now the sausage have 4 "legs."
- Cut again between slits and you will end up with 8 legs. Hold the sausage so that the slits don’t open up when you slice through.
- In a small frying pan, heat a little bit of oil and cook sausages on medium heat. When the sausages are cooked through and the “legs” start to open up, remove from the heat and serve or pack in the lunch box.
- Add sesame seeds for octopus eyes. 🙂