When you need just one more item to fill your bento box (lunch box), these Octopus Sausages (Tako Sausages) can be a great dish. Not only these are easy to make, but the children also love the shape of cute octopuses in their bento boxes!
Here’s an example of how I pack these little cute octopuses in the lunch box. Enjoy surprising your children at their lunchtime!
How to Make Octopus Sausage
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Japanese sausage are typically 3 inches (7.6 cm), so if your sausage is longer, cut them to 3-inch (7.6-cm) length. Hold the sausage sideways and slice all way down one side. Then rotate 90 degrees and slice again. Now the sausage have 4 “legs.“
- Cut again between the slits and you will end up with 8 legs. Hold the sausage so that the slits don’t open up when you slice through.
- In a small frying pan, heat a little bit of oil and cook sausages on medium heat. When the sausages are cooked through and the “legs” start to open up, remove from the heat and serve or pack in the lunch box.
- Add sesame seeds for octopus eyes. 🙂