Surprise! It’s one of the rare occasion on Just One Cookbook to have baked recipes featured back to back. I’ve been really busy lately and I haven’t had the time to write new Japanese recipes that I’ve cooked and photographed.
With the busy schedule, I still try to find time to make and provide my children as much homemade snack as possible. The Banana Bread I shared a while back is one of their favorites and I’ve given it a twist with this delicious Nutella Banana Bread.
Back in August I won Grandpa’s Honey giveaway at Tutti Dolci. I typically buy honey from Trader Joe’s but I had been looking for really good honey. This honey was a wonderful discovery – the flavor is so rich, and it has smooth silky texture and has nice fragrance to it.
Look at this beautiful golden color of honey… Hmmm, so good!
I’m really hooked on this delicious honey and to thank Laura at Tutti Dolci for this gift, I made this Nutella Banana Bread with this honey, adapted from her Almond Butter Banana Bread.
Can you smell the Nutella and banana combo? Yum… Hope you will enjoy making this for your breakfast or tea time.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt (kosher or sea salt)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- ½ cup honey
- 1½ cups banana (ripe, mashed)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 1½ tsp turbinado sugar
Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and place a sheet of parchment paper on bottom.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice) together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine Nutella and honey in a small bowl and heat in the microwave until melted, (about 30 seconds) and cooled slightly.
- Combine mashed banana, buttermilk, egg, and extracts in the medium bowl.
- Add cooled Nutella-honey mixture in the medium bowl.
- Add to flour mixture in the large bowl and stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and top with almonds and turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. The bread is ready when an inserted skewer in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely.
- Wrap the bread well and store at room temperature up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator up to 4 days. To freeze, wrap tightly in foil or freezer wrap.
Recipe adapted from Tutti Dolci.
All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.
I baked this bread in the morning but couldn’t photograph it before my daughter came home from her preschool. After lunch, we did the photo shoot session together. She was a pretty good assistant. But she also insisted that her setting below be photographed and shared. So here we go…
Thank you for checking it out!