Banana Bread Recipe
Serves: Makes 1 Loaf
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, soften
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1⅔ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil (I use canola)
- 4 Ripe bananas (one for decoration, sliced)
- ½ - ⅔ cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a baking dish (bottom and sides).
- In the stand mixer, add butter and sugar and combine well.
- Add eggs one at a time and add vanilla next.
- Slowly add half of flour and slowly mix well. Then add the rest of flour and mix.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, and oil.
- Add 3 bananas and mix. If you want to add raisins, add here.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish (I used 8" x 8") and put slices of 1 banana on top as decoration.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted skewer comes off clean. Cover the top with aluminum foil if the top burns too fast. After cooling down for 5 minutes, remove the bread from the baking dish. Ready to serve after 10 minutes.