My best friend gave me this banana bread recipe more than 10 years ago. This is so good that one loaf won’t last two days at our house. Enjoy!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, soften
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1⅔ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable,canola, or grapeseed oil
- 4 ripe bananas (one for decoration, sliced)
- ½ - ⅔ cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a baking dish (bottom and sides).
- In the stand mixer, add butter and sugar and combine well.
- Add eggs one at a time and add vanilla next.
- Slowly add half of flour and slowly mix well. Then add the rest of flour and mix.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, and oil.
- Add 3 bananas and mix. If you want to add raisins, add here.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish (I used 8" x 8") and put slices of 1 banana on top as decoration.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted skewer comes off clean. Cover the top with aluminum foil if the top burns too fast. After cooling down for 5 minutes, remove the bread from the baking dish. Ready to serve after 10 minutes.