Chikuwa is a popular fish cake ingredient in Japan. It is used in many dishes including hot pot, deep-fried, oden, and many more. Chikuwa Cucumber is one of the quick dishes that can easily fill empty spaces in your bento box. Preparation only takes a few minutes. Enjoy!
- ½ English cucumber (or Persian/Japanese cucumbers)
- 1 package chikuwa (fish cake) (5 pieces)
- Cut the cucumber to same length as chikuwa.
- Peel some skin off the cucumber (looks nicer and less bitter).
- Cut the cucumber into 8 equal pieces lengthwise. Then remove the seeds area so that each cucumber piece will fit inside of chikuwa. Stuff cucumber inside chikuwa.
- Cut each chikuwa cucumber in half, then cut each piece diagonally.