Time to say good bye to summer and wish everyone a Happy Labor Day! Be it with one last barbecue, the last dive in the pool, and the last break before the kid’s crazy schedules start! We barbecue pretty much all year around but we definitely barbecue more frequently during the summer time. I want to squeeze in one more BBQ recipe before its season ends. Hope you enjoy my BBQ Chicken Wings recipe as much as my family did.
Today’s recipe is adapted from my BBQ Beef Short Ribs recipe. We really like this marinade and use it often, but one day I made the same marinade for chicken wings and decided to change a little bit by adding honey and an apple. It was another hit especially for our children, so I decided to record this slightly adapted version in my Just One Coookbook as well. It’s really easy and delicious, just like the BBQ Beef Short Ribs recipe.
I hope you enjoy the holiday with your family and friends, and Happy Monday to everyone else who’s having regular Monday!
- 1.5-2 lb chicken wings/drumettes
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup mirin
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup gochujang
- 8 garlic cloves, minced or garlic-pressed
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Fuji apple, grated
- In a medium size bowl, whisk all the ingredients together.
- Marinade for 4 hours to over night.
- Start grill. We usually use gas grill for cooking, but for charcoal flavor we also use this mini Weber once in a while…
- Grill the meat for 3-4 minutes each side and be careful not to burn the chicken.