What’s the best way to enjoy the glorious summer fruits? Turn them into some refreshing summer fruit popsicles of course! Here are my homemade fruit popsicles with fresh chunks of pineapple, nectarines, kiwi, blueberries, and strawberries.
The weather has been very comfortable here in Japan so far and we have been eating ice cream and soft cream every day! The kids are super happy since the Bay Area is usually too cold to enjoy ice cream. Speaking of ice cream, I’m excited to share these easy and healthy Fruit Popsicles today.
Growing up in hot summer in Japan, some of my best memories is eating popsicles with my family. I really liked making these fruit popsicles because they take just 20 minutes to prepare and they are really fun and easy to make.
How to Make Fruits Popsicles
To make the popsicles, it is as simple as cutting up fresh fruits and arranging them in the popsicle mold. The added bonus is these popsicles are made of seasonal fresh fruits, no sugar added. You can choose from your favorite summer fruits to make your own variation. I used freshly squeezed orange juice and fresh pineapple juice to fill out the molds.
I bought these Tovolo Groovy Ice Pop Molds for my homemade popsicles as I’ve heard great reviews. These ice pop molds are great because each mold can be easily detached once frozen. Alternatively, you can use small Dixie cups as your mold and they work perfectly.
Naturally sweet yet low in calorie, these sunny-looking fruit popsicles are the best dessert you can serve up for any summer BBQs or backyard parties.
Happy 4th of July to my American readers! I hope you have a wonderful celebration with your family and friends.
- freshly squeezed orange juice
- juice from pineapples
- Gather all the ingredients. Adjust the amount of fruits according to your liking. You can also add watermelon, mango, raspberries, peaches, etc. I use these Tovolo Groovy Ice Pop Molds and paper cups.
- Cut the pineapple and save the juice. Squeeze fresh oranges to make juice (or you can use store-bought orange juice). Dice pineapples and nectarines and slice kiwis and strawberries. Place the fruits in molds/cups and add the liquids leaving ½ inch (1.3 cm) at the top.
- Wrap each mold/cup with plastic wrap. Snip the plastic wrap on top of molds with scissors and insert craft sticks into each mold/cup. Place in the freezer for a few hours until firm.
- To remove the Popsicles from the molds/cups, run under hot water until they are easily released.