Making hard-boiled eggs is easy if you follow these simple instructions for making the perfect hard-boiled eggs at home.
I learned this method in my Home Economics class in elementary school and still practice till now. If you want to make soft-boiled eggs, click here.
How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- large eggs (50 g each w/o shell)
- Put water in a saucepan, and gently put eggs in a single layer. Make sure the eggs are completely covered by water. Bring the water to boil on medium heat. If you want your egg yolk to be in the center, gently rotate the eggs with chopsticks once in a while for the first 3 minutes so the egg yolk will be in the center.
- Once the water boils, lower heat but keep the water boiling (but don’t let the eggs jumping around) for the next 12 minutes.
- Discard the hot water and run under cold water.
- When eggs are almost cool, they are ready to peel.