Using prepared, packaged wonton wrappers is the easiest way to make wonton at home. They can be purchased in most Asian grocery stores at the refrigerated section.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- 1 bowl of wonton filling (Shrimp Pork Wonton recipe)
- 1 pkg wonton wrappers
- 1 small bowl of water
- Place the wonton wrapper on a flat working surface. Keep the wrappers that are not being used in an air tight package so they will not dry out. Place a teaspoon (or less) amount of the filling onto the center of the wrapper. Start from a small amount so it’s easier to work with.
- Use your finger to moisten the edges of the wrappers with water. This will act as the glue to keep the wonton wrap held together when folding. When the edges have been moistened, fold the wrapper in half to create a rectangular shape, pressing any air that might be trapped around the filling.
- Turn the wonton over and fold the sides inward so that they overlap.
- Wet the portion where the sides meet. Pinch to close and seal.
- Here are the cute little wontons!
- Continue with your wonton recipe