I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. This past Saturday my Chicken Adobo made it Top 9 dish on Foodbuzz. To me and my husband, it was really like winning the lottery because we didn’t expected it at all. I would like to thank all my readers for visiting my site. I’ve been working hard for my website and I really appreciate your time here. And for those of you who found me through the Foodbuzz Top 9 link, welcome! I am sincerely happy if you enjoy my website and recipes.
Now let’s talk about today’s recipe. In my previous post (just below), I talked about this great sauce called Shiso Garlic Soy Sauce. Today’s recipe is a Beef Donburi using this sauce.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
In my previous post, I talked about this great sauce called Shiso Garlic Soy Sauce. Today's recipe is a Beef Donburi using this sauce.
- ¾ lb thinly sliced beef (chuck or rib eye) (¾ lb = 1 pkg) (I used sliced beef for Shabu Shabu)
- 1 onion (sliced thin)
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 potato
- 1 Tbsp potato starch/cornstarch
- neutral-flavored oil (vegetable, canola, etc)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp Shiso Garlic Soy Sauce (See Notes for homemade recipe)
- 3-4 servings cooked Japanese short-grain rice
- 1 Tbsp sake
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the meat into strips. Slice onion and shiitake mushrooms thinly. Cut potato into thin strips. In a medium bowl, combine seasonings and mix well.
- In the medium bowl, add meat and mix well with hands.
- Sprinkle corn starch and mix with hands again.
- In a non-stick frying pan heat oil on medium high heat. Corn starch will easily stick to the pan, so I would recommend using non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and potato and cook until they are soft.
- Add the meat and shiitake mushrooms in the pan and cook thoroughly until the meat is done (*shiitake is missing from the picture below).
- Add sugar and Shiso Garlic Soy Sauce and mix all together.
- Cook for a few minutes. Put rice in a donburi bowl and serve the beef on top of the rice. Take out shiso from the container and cut into thin strips. Put them on top of the beef and serve immediately.
Shiso Garlic Soy Sauce: Homemade recipe, click here.
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.