One of the easiest quick dishes that I prepare for bento is sautéed vegetables. It’s also easy to add a bit of color to your bento with sautéed vegetables, here’s an easy way to saute spinach. Here I used frozen spinach that I always keep in the freezer and added corn for extra color to make bento more colorful. You can sauté carrot, green peas, or any kinds of vegetables – fresh or frozen.
Sauteed Spinach Recipe
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- spinach (blanched and kept frozen)
- frozen or canned corn
- kosher/sea salt (I use Diamond Crystal; use half for table salt)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium high and melt butter.
- Add frozen spinach and corn and saute until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and ready to serve.