Sweet and flavorful pumpkin smoothie made with pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, and almond milk. Dust the top of this delicious drink with a bit of cinnamon.
Maybe because I was born on Halloween, I love everything pumpkin and I especially look forward to pumpkin pies every fall.
Ever since I bought a NutriBullet, I’ve been making smoothies every day and experimenting with different ingredients and flavors. As pumpkins are now in season, you have to try this delicious Pumpkin Smoothie!
Customize Your Pumpkin Smoothie
The recipe is very simple but it makes it up with plenty of flavors. In addition to my regular smoothie ingredients, I’ve added pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices. To make my smoothies sweeter, I usually add one banana and I’ve included it for this smoothie recipe as well. Did I ruin the pumpkin pie flavor with a banana? Absolutely not (thank goodness!), and you won’t even taste the banana because of the flavorful pumpkin puree and spices.
The best way for me to describe this drink is…. it tastes like pumpkin pie that got transformed into a drink. If you love pumpkin pie then definitely give this easy smoothie a try.
I added whipped cream and ground cinnamon on top for this recipe, but you can be creative and add your own. I’ve also tried crumbles of graham crackers and it was amazing as the crackers give nice crunch and different flavor.
How do you enjoy your pumpkin smoothie?
Enjoy Pumpkin Smoothie as a Drink or Dessert!
Mr. JOC was very skeptical about this smoothie as he is not a fan of pumpkin pies or pumpkin dishes in general. However, he was really impressed with this smoothie after the first sip! It looks like we found another pumpkin dish to enjoy this fall.
- 1 medium banana
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (I used non-fat Greek yogurt)
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (you can make your own blend with ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, ⅛ tsp ground ginger, pinch of allspice, pinch of nutmeg, and pinch of cloves.)
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes if you don’t use frozen banana
- ¾ cup vanilla almond milk (You can use regular almond milk and add vanilla or use any kind of milk you like.)
- fresh whipped cream (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Put banana, pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, ice cubes, and vanilla almond milk in an electric blender/mixer or NutriBullet.
- Blend until all the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Pour into a glass (or 2 small glasses). Add whipped cream and grind cinnamon on top, if desired.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on October 31, 2014.