Thank you everyone for your kind messages on my 100th (previous) post! I’m glad you enjoyed my “baked” dessert and I do hope that I will be able to make more desserts in the future.
Today I’d like to share a delicious strawberry salad dressing before the strawberry season is over. I know it not quite time yet but we should all enjoy strawberries while they last! When I just started blogging, one of the sites I had found was Peggy’s blog, My FIANCE Likes It, So It MUST Be Good. I can’t remember how many recipes I have bookmarked from her site, and this was one of them. I recently gave it a try and it turned out to be really delicious and our entire family enjoyed it, even the little ones. I pretty much followed her recipe with a slight change, I added one squeeze of lemon and also sprinkle walnuts over the salad. Thanks, Peggy for the great recipe!
Happy Father’s Day Weekend everyone!
- 1 cup strawberries (about 5.5 oz, 156 g)
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (½ lemon)
For the Salad
- mixed green
- 2-3 strawberries (sliced)
- roasted walnuts (optional)
- Wash strawberries and prepare mixed green in a serving dish.
- Right before you serve the salad, combine strawberries, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth. Serve the dressing in a bowl or small pitcher and pour the dressing before you eat.
- You can keep it for a day or two in the refrigerator.