Thank you everyone for your kind messages on my 100th (previous) post! I’m glad you enjoyed my “baked” dessert and I do hope that I will be able to make more desserts in the future.
Today I’d like to share a delicious strawberry salad dressing before the strawberry season is over. I know it not quite time yet but we should all enjoy strawberries while they last! When I just started blogging, one of the sites I had found was Peggy’s blog, My FIANCE Likes It, So It MUST Be Good. I can’t remember how many recipes I have bookmarked from her site, and this was one of them. I recently gave it a try and it turned out to be really delicious and our entire family enjoyed it, even the little ones. I pretty much followed her recipe with a slight change, I added one squeeze of lemon and also sprinkle walnuts over the salad. Thanks, Peggy for the great recipe!
Happy Father’s Day Weekend everyone!
Wish to learn more about Japanese cooking? Sign up for our free newsletter to receive cooking tips & recipe updates! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram.
- 1 cup strawberries (about 5.5 oz, 156 g)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (½ lemon)
For the Salad
- mixed green
- 2-3 strawberries (sliced)
- roasted walnuts (optional)
- Wash strawberries and prepare mixed green in a serving dish.
- Right before you serve the salad, combine strawberries, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth. Serve the dressing in a bowl or small pitcher and pour the dressing before you eat.
- You can keep it for a day or two in the refrigerator.