This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for details. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Just One Cookbook celebrates its 7 year blog anniversary with a big international giveaway!
January 1, 2018 was JOC’s seven year blog anniversary. Seven years! If this blog was our baby (which would make it our third baby), he/she would be in 2nd grade! Wow, I can hardly believe how fast these seven years have gone, and how much our community has grown.
Heartfelt Thank You from Us
Mr. JOC and I would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for spending your precious time reading our blog, watching our videos, following our social media, and trying out our recipes!
Among all the resources available online or in publication for Japanese cooking, we feel very humble and honored that you continue to choose our website and YouTube channel to learn Japanese cooking from us. We are truly thankful for your ongoing, incredible support of our work!
Seven Items We Use Everyday & Can’t Live Without
Me (in no specific order)
- MacBook Pro (and iPhone) – Upside of having a MacBook Pro is I can work anywhere and everywhere, and downside is I am working all the time.
- Flat Whisk – I get asked about the whisk that I use in my videos EVERY SINGLE DAY. Who knew it would be the most in-demand kitchen item? Well, the whisk is sure very useful. I use it every day for whisking eggs, salad dressing or sauce.
- Korean Spoon – Surprised? I’m a huge fan of Korean stainless spoon sets. My mom is a fan first and she got me hooked on these durable spoons. It’s so easy to eat and cook with them.
- Pentel EnerGel 0.7 – These are my go-to pens. You can find them on my desk and in my bag.
- Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug – I sip Japanese Iced Coffee, Cold Brew , or tea all day long in this mug. It goes with me everywhere I go.
- TOMS Shoes – Their shoes, boots, sandals are so comfortable and awesome!
- Microfiber Hair Towel – I do not like blowing hair at all… so these towels are like my hair dryer (I’m serious!).
- Coffee Server & Dripper for Japanese Iced Coffee – Nami got me hooked on a love for coffee to start each day. Nothing beats the flavor and smoothness of Japanese iced coffee in the morning!
- Axe hair wax – This is how I start each morning, with messy hair.
- iPad Pro – Even though iPads are not as popular as they used to be, I still love my iPad Pro. While Nami loves her Macbook Pro and takes it everywhere with her, iPad Pro does the job for me. Whether it is to check emails, to read a book, or to watch movies on the airplane, iPad Pro makes a great companion.
- Uniqlo Airism T-shirts – I just love these airism t-shirts. They feel like you’re wearing… air.
- Adidas Cloudfoam Shoes – One of the daily rituals we do as a family is we go on walks around the neighborhood everyday after dinner. These Adidas cloudfoam shoes are our favorite.
- Kind Bars – I used to love eating different types of bread for breakfast. To cut dow my carb intake, I started eating Kind Bars with my coffee. What’s great about Kind Bars is there are so many flavors so I don’t get tired of them. Now only if I can stop the kids from raiding my Kind Bars!
- Electric Tea Kettle – Nami and I drink tea all day. Depending on the type of tea, they should be brewed at different temperatures. We love this electric tea kettle as it comes with different temperature settings. For a cleaner taste, we also recommend buying a stainless steel kettle rather than a plastic kettle.
What are your recent favorite things?
Worldwide Giveaway – FIVE (5) WINNERS!
1st Winner – Kikuichi Molybdenum Steel Gyuto Chefs Knife (8 Inch) or $175 via Paypal/Amazon
Many of you asked me what brand of knife I use in my kitchen. Unfortunately, we don’t have too many options of Japanese brand knives in the US, but I’m happy that I found some quality knives from Kikuichi Cutlery.
2nd Winner – Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt or $115 via Paypal/Amazon
9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer. I love my Instant Pot DUO, and with this awesome gadget you can make all my pressure cooker recipes!
3rd Winner – Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt or $115 via Paypal/Amazon
No, it’s not a mistake, we’re giving away ONE MORE Instant Pot!
4th Winner – Zojirushi Stainless Steel Mug (20 oz) or $28 via Paypal/Amazon
Everyone needs to be hydrated, and this sleek stainless steel mug keeps beverages hot or cold for hours! You can use it all year around.
5th Winner – Extra Tall Aluminum Chiffon Cake Pan (17 cm) or $22 via Paypal/Amazon
I can totally understand the discouragement when a recipe calls for different baking pans in various sizes. I’d love for you to try out one of my favorite desserts – chiffon cakes, but I know you may not have the right pan in hand. I’m giving away this specific tube aluminum pan, so you can make delicious chiffon cakes at home.
How to Enter to Win (READ CAREFULLY)
This giveaway contest closes on Wednesday, January 31, at 12 p.m. PST and is open worldwide to everyone. Please note that JOC readers outside the United States will receive the cash via Paypal or Amazon gift card with the value specified above. Readers in the U.S. can choose the product or cash via Paypal or Amazon gift card. The winners will be notified via email and must respond within 48 hours before I choose next winner.
To be eligible to win this giveaway, please subscribe to my newsletter AND leave a comment below (with the same email as your subscription) with your feedback and suggestions on our blog and videos. If you’re new to my blog and don’t know enough to give us feedback, then please let me know how you found my blog and where you’re from.
Thank you in advance, and we will take your feedback into consideration when improving our business.
Full disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by yours truly.
Thank you for participating this giveaway! The winners are….
1st prize (knife or gift card/cash) – Kris (#370)
2nd prize (Instant Pot or gift card/cash) – Melissa Costello (#1290)
3rd prize (Instant Pot or gift card/cash) – Stephanie Y (#79)
4th prize (mug or or gift card/cash) – Sharon (#1933)
5th prize (cake pan or or gift card/cash)- Sara (#1692)
I’ll email the winners shortly. We’ll be back with another giveaway next month (it’s monthly), so stay tuned!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.