Here’s a quick and easy recipe on how to make Yakisoba Sauce to season the popular Japanese fried noodles! The taste is similar to Otafuku brand’s famed yakisoba sauce.
Yakisoba Sauce is mostly used for seasoning Yakisoba, the classic Japanese stir-fried noodles. Sweet & savory, this versatile sauce can also be used in any of your stir fry recipes.
How To Make Yakisoba Sauce from Scratch
Ingredients You’ll Need
You will need just 5 simple ingredients from your kitchen.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
Overview: Cooking Steps
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl or mason jar and whisk well together. Have a taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking. It’s really easy!
You can also buy Yakisoba Sauce from a Japanese/Asian grocery store. I like the Otafuku brand’s yakisoba sauce, and I made this recipe to copy its taste using the common condiments from the pantry.
Recipes Using Homemade Yakisoba Sauce
Wish to learn more about Japanese cooking? Sign up for our free newsletter to receive cooking tips & recipe updates! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram.
Homemade Yakisoba Sauce
- 7 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (I used Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce; use this vegan Worcestershire sauce for vegan)
- 3 Tbsp oyster sauce (if you're allergic to shellfish or vegetarian, use Lee Kum Kee Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce)
- 2 Tbsp ketchup (some ketchup is sweeter than others, so please adjust the amount of sugar)
- 1½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ Tbsp sugar
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a mason jar or bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, and sugar until well combined.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and whisk all together. It's important to taste the sauce and adjust if needed. Keep in mind that you will be using this sauce for the noodles, so the flavor should be strong and not bland. The sauce is now ready to use for the Yakisoba recipe.
- You can store the sauce in a mason jar or airtight container for up to a month.