Here’s a quick & easy recipe on how to make Yakisoba Sauce to season the popular Japanese fried noodles! The taste is as similar as the Otafuku’s sauce.
Yakisoba Sauce is mostly used for seasoning Yakisoba, the classic Japanese fried noodles. Sweet & savory, this versatile sauce can also be used in any of your stir fry recipes.
To make Yakisoba sauce from scratch:
For a basic recipe, all you need is Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce, ketchup, soy sauce and sugar (or honey). Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well together. Have a taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking. It’s really easy!
You can also buy Yakisoba Sauce from a Japanese grocery store.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
Homemade Yakisoba Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (Japanese brand "Bulldog" Worcestershire sauce (Usuta-so-su, ウスターソース) is milder and less sour than Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce.
- 4 tsp oyster sauce (If you're allergic to shellfish, use LEE KUM KEE Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce)
- 4 tsp ketchup (Some ketchup is sweeter than others, so please adjust the amount of sugar)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar (Add more sugar, if needed)
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Whisk all the ingredients for Yakisoba sauce. It's important to taste the sauce and see if you need to add more sugar (For example, some ketchup is sweeter than others while some Worcestershire sauce is less sour than others.). Set aside.
- You can store in a mason jar or airtight container for up to a month.