Since my last post Korroke was a deep fried dish, I want to share a healthy dish today. This salad is my mom’s recipe. Well, precisely speaking, I was trying to recreate her recipe with my memory of her salad. I wish she had kept a recipe book like what I am doing now then I would have her entire home cooking recipe collection. This is exactly the reason why I’m organizing my recipes for my kids. One day when they grow up and try to cook on their own (I hope!), they at least have a reference, either with this blog or a digital copy of some sort.
For the salad I used Myer lemon this time since my friend gave me a lot of organic Myer lemons from her backyard. It was sweet and really juicy, which added a nice final touch to the salad.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- 4 Fuji apples
- 2-3 celery stalks
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 6 Tbsp. Japanese mayonnaise (See Note for substitute)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Myer lemon juice (1 Tbsp. reg. lemon juice)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. milk
- In a medium size bowl, combine all the ingredients for Dressing. Mix well with a whisk.
- Cut round slices of apples in quarters.
- Keep apples in salted water (1 tsp. salt for a big bowl of water) for 1-2 minutes to prevent apples from browning. Drain and dry with paper towels.
- Slice celery into small pieces.
- Add apples, celery, and raisin in the bowl and mix all together. Keep in the fridge till you are ready to serve.
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.