This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for details. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Japanese cooking uses thinly sliced beef and pork for many dishes. One of the most common way to utilize these thin slices of meat is to roll something with it.
In my blog, I’ve shared several beef and pork roll recipes so far and they are:
- Soy-Glazed Vegetable Beef Rolls
- Baby Carrot Beef Rolls
- Mashed Potato Teriyaki Pork Rolls
- Ginger Pork Rolls with Eggplant
Using sliced meat allows us to be very creative and I like hiding veggies in the meat so my kids tend to finish the vegetables with the meat (without even realizing they ate veggies). The recipe I am sharing today is related Wednesday’s Japanese Potato Salad. With the leftover potato salad, you can roll them with sliced pork. This is my mother’s recipe and my dad, my brother, and I used to love eating this. It’s one of the dishes that I feel nostalgic about. I hope you enjoy this delicious pork roll.
Before going to the recipe, I want to thank Kym of Free Spirit Eater for the blog awards. Thank you Kym!! Have a great long weekend everyone!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- Place Japanese Potato Salad on the bottom end of a piece of sliced pork and roll to wrap it up with the sliced meat.
- Dredge the rolls in corn starch or sprinkle corn starch on top of rolls. Remove excess corn starch off from the meat.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Gently place the meat rolls in the pan and brown all sides. Do not touch the meat unless the bottom of the meat is nicely golden color. Then turn to brown all sides. If you start turning the rolls too often, the potato salad will come out from the side. If you need more oil to brown the meat faster, add another 1 Tbsp. of sesame oil.
- When all sides are nicely golden browned, cover and cook 3 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add Sauce. Shift the frying pan and rotate the meat rolls to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.