Japanese use sliced meat for a lot of dishes, and we like to roll other ingredients with the sliced meat. We get creative with ingredients and sauce and make different recipes. Here, I roll mashed potato with sliced pork.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- ¾ lb thinly sliced pork loin (¾ lb = 340 g)
- 1 potato (peeled and quartered)
- 1 green onions/scallions (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butterr
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, put the potatoes and cover them with water. Boil until skewer inserts easily. Drain the hot water and mash potatoes in the pan. Add salt, pepper, butter, and green onions. Mix all together.
- Take a small portion of mashed potato and squeeze a little bit to put it together. Place the mashed potato at the edge of sliced pork and roll it.
- Prepare seasonings in a small bowl. In a non-stick frying pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. When it’s hot, place the pork rolls in the pan, seal side bottom. Cook until all sides are nicely browned.
- Pour seasonings and coat the meat with sauce by shaking the pan. Transfer to a plate and pour the sauce on top. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.