Bento Lunch Box Idea: Packed with Japanese rolled omelette and fresh fruits on the side, this Shogayaki Bento takes advantage of dinner leftovers for a quick and convenient lunch next day. Tender slices of pork cooked in a ginger soy sauce, every bite is flavorful!
I received very positive feedback on How To Make Bento post from the readers and I just want to say thank you! It took a bit of effort and many sleepless nights to put together the bento post, but the great feedback from you make it all worthwhile! I hope the instructions were clear and helpful.
As I continue my bento series, today I’ll show you this Shogayaki Bento (Ginger Pork Bento) I had prepared.
Previous Dinner Was: Shogayaki (Ginger Pork).
Ginger pork is one of the easiest Japanese pork dishes you can make! It takes less than 30 minutes to cook from start to finish. If you enjoy tender pork with a hint of ginger, you’ll love this dish.
Shiogayaki Bento for Lunch
- Shogayaki (Ginger Pork ) over rice
- Various fresh fruits
- Tamagoyaki (Japanese Rolled Omelette)
I defrosted a pack of frozen rice (See How To Freeze Rice) in microwave and fill 2/3 of the bento box my kids have. Besides reheating the Ginger Pork (see Food Safety For Bento), the only thing that I had to cook in the morning was this Quick & Easy Tamagoyaki.
While I let the rice, Tamagoyaki and Ginger Pork to cool down, I washed and cut fruits. When everything had cooled completely, I packed all the foods into the bento box.
Nutritiously balanced with protein and fibre, this Shogayaki Bento is another delicious lunch box idea that I hope you would enjoy packing for your family.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
Shogayaki (Ginger Pork) Bento
- 1 serving cooked Japanese short-grain rice
- tamagoyaki (Japanese rolled omelette) (1 egg + 1 tsp sugar)
- shogayaki (ginger pork) (pre-cooked)
- shiso leaves (perilla/ooba)
- pickled red ginger (beni shoga or kizami beni shoga)
- Fill up half of bento box with the rice. Let it cool so that hot/warm rice will not warm up other cool food.
- Make Tamagoyaki and reheat leftover Shogayaki (Ginger Pork) in the frying pan until it's warm thoroughly.
- Wash and cut fruits.
- Start packing cooled foods into the bento box. Let cool completely before closing the bento box.