This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for details. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These sticky, sweet, and spicy Sriracha Chili Chicken Wings are perfect as party appetizers and easy weeknight meals.
During the cold winter months, my Instant Pot permanently live on top of my kitchen counter. I love testing different comfort food recipes with it to stay warm. If you love warm and spicy food, you will enjoy these Pressure Cooker / Slow Cooker Sriracha Chili Chicken Wings. This recipe requires just five ingredients, minimal prep work, and hungry tummies!
5 Simple Ingredients for Sriracha Chili Chicken Wings
Yes, only five ingredients (seven, if you want to sprinkle sesame seeds and cilantro)! I love recipes with short ingredients list. And it’s even better if I have all the ingredients already in my kitchen pantry. This recipe only need:
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- Chicken Wings
Now if you’re don’t have Sriracha or Thai sweet chili sauce, they can be found in any Asian grocery stores (or even Trader Joe’s) and Amazon.
Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce – It’s a type of chili/hot sauce made from a paste of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt. The most popular brand is Huy Fong. It’s a necessity for my family when we eat Vietnamese beef noodle soup, Pho. What other foods/dishes do you add Sriracha to?
Thai sweet chili sauce – It’s a popular condiment in Thai cuisine and is made with red chili peppers, rice wine vinegar, garlic, fish sauce, and sugar. The most popular brand is Mae Ploy. My family loves my Spicy Chicken Karaage recipe with sweet chili sauce.
These wings are just a tiny bit spicy (even I can handle them), sweet, and super tender. They’ll be finished cooking in the slow cooker but I highly recommend broiling them after. Broiling these sriracha chili chicken wings in the oven makes the skin more crispy and slightly charred.
Since you can make a huge batch in the slow cooker, you can make them for yourself to enjoy or for a party with the same amount of effort.
Use Instant Pot for Sriracha Chili Chicken Wings
The original recipe calls for a slow cooker, so I used the slow cooker function of my Instant Pot. However, if you have a Crock-Pot or any other slow cooker, please use it following the manufacture’s instructions on how to operate it.
It requires just 2 hours with my Instant Pot till the chicken is flavorful, tender, and almost fall off the bone. If you’re are planning to use an Instant Pot, don’t cook more than 2 hours.
If you use a pressure cooker for this recipe, the process will be shorten to 25-40 minutes (10 minutes to pressurize and 15 minutes to cook, and additional 15 minutes if you let it de-pressurize naturally).
Now It’s Time for Giveaway!
Today’s Sriracha Chili Chicken Wings recipe was from this AWESOME cookbook, The Asian Slow Cooker: Exotic Favorites for Your Crockpot by Kelly Kwok of Life Made Sweeter.
Kelly shares 80 recipes that can be made either in a slow cooker / pressure cooker or just one pot. Each recipe comes with a beautiful color photo of the final dish, and her recipes are very easy to follow.
Click here to enter for your chance to win a copy of The Asian Slow Cooker cookbooks (2 available for U.S. residents)!
I hope you enjoy this chicken wings recipe! If you make this recipe, snap a picture and hashtag it #JustOneCookbook. I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter! Thank you so much for reading and till next time!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
- 5 Tbsp salted butter (70 g) (See Note)
- ½ cup honey (170 g)
- 3 Tbsp Sriracha sauce (45 g)
- 1 Tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce (15 g)
- 3 lb chicken wings (flats/drumettes) (1.4 kg)
- Cilantro (optional)
- toasted white sesame seeds (optional)
- Gather all the ingredients and melt the butter in a microwave.
- Add 5 Tbsp. melted butter and ½ cup honey in your slow cooker (or Instant Pot).
- Then add 3 Tbsp. Sriracha and 1 Tbsp. Thai sweet chili sauce and mix all together.
- Add the chicken wings and toss to coat evenly using tongs.
- If you’re using a slow cooker, cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours in your slow cooker. If you’re using an Instant Pot, select “Slow Cook” and set the cook time to 2-3 hours. Please note: I suggest to cook for 3 hours from readers' feedback in comments.
- After 2-3 hours of slow cooking in my Instant Pot, the meat is tender and almost falling off the bones. You can serve as it is, or for crispy texture, broil the chicken for a few minutes. Using tongs, gently transfer the wings to a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Broil on high for 5-8 minutes, flipping once. If you like, you can brush the wings with more sauce. Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped cilantro and sesame seeds, if desired.
Salted Butter: If you’re using unsalted butter, add 1/8 tsp. kosher salt/sea salt to the sauce mixture.
Optional: These wings are buttery, sweet and spicy, and if you want some savory kick, you can add 1 tsp. of soy sauce in the sauce.
Equipment you will need:
This recipe is from The Asian Slow Cooker: Exotic Favorites for Your Crockpot by Kelly Kwok of Life Made Sweeter and was written with her permission. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.