Here is the simple instruction on how to slice Tokyo Negi (Japanese long green onion) into Shiraga Negi (white thin strips) for garnishing as you see in the picture above.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- Cut the white part of Tokyo Negi into 2 inch lengths and make an incision lengthwise.
- Remove the soft green core. Keep the soft green core for other cooking.
- Stack up the white part of Tokyo Negi.
- Cut the white part thinly into ulienne strips.
- If you want to make Shiraga Negi curly, soak them in cold water for 10 minutes and drain well. Now it's ready for garnishing.