Thank you for your kind well wishes on my previous post. I think I’m getting better but the recovery is slower than usual. Age, I suppose? My husband thinks it’s all due to me lacking sleep for the past 2 years… maybe. I can easily work on the blog for 5-6 hours after kids go to bed and I feel like it’s still not enough time. I wonder if all the other mommy bloggers are struggling with the same challenges.
Speaking of mommy bloggers, Just One Cookbook made it to Babble’s Top 100 Mom Food Blogs of 2013! Thank you so much for reading and supporting Just One Cookbook!
Today I am going to share my super easy Honey Soy Sauce Chicken recipe and I hope this will come in handy on your busy day. All you need to do is to marinade the chicken (any parts of chicken you like) in a honey, soy sauce and sake mix and after 1 hour or so, pop in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. Meanwhile you can prepare rice, some salad and miso soup.
The saltiness from the soy sauce and slight sweetness from honey blends very well together in the oven and the marinade turns into a golden glaze. I always struggle taking good pictures of chicken drumettes, and this time is no exception. I hope you still give this recipe a try and make it your go-to recipe when you are busy. I promise they are tastier than they look. Enjoy!
- 1.5 lb (12) chicken drumettes (or other chicken parts; for drumsticks, marinade overnight for more flavor)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. (1/4 cup) honey
- 4 Tbsp. (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sake (or substitute with dry sherry)
- Rinse the drumettes under cold water and pat dry.
- Combine the seasonings in a Ziploc bag. A little tip: I keep the measuring cup upside down to get the last drop of honey while I do next step.
- Prick the drumettes all over with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the drumettes in the Ziploc bag and squeeze the air out, zip up the bag . Coat the drumettes with marinade all around by rubbing them. Marinate for at least 30-60 minutes and of course you can marinade overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Place the drumettes in a baking pan. Make sure the drumettes are not overlapping each other and the skin side is up. Pour the marinade liquid over top. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Baste the drumettes a couple of times during the baking. If the drumettes are done and the top is not browned, you can change the oven setting to broil until the top is nicely browned. If the top is browned too fast while baking, cover with a sheet of aluminum foil to stop the chicken from burning. Serve immediately.