This Spring Mix Salad with Sweet Miso Dressing is a bright and refreshing tossed salad that you‘ll love for every occasion. The savory and tangy dressing enhances the flavor of the creamy avocado, cherry tomatoes, sliced radishes, and fresh mint leaves.
There are countless ways to make a great salad, but I’m particularly fond of salads that are quick and unfussy like this Spring Mix Salad with Sweet Miso Dressing. With seasonal ingredients and minimal prep, this salad is a crowd-pleasing side dish to share with family and friends.
Miso Dressing for Salad, Vegetables, or Tofu
In this Sweet Miso Dressing, I combined the convenient M1nute Miso from Hikari Miso with rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, and some toasted sesame seeds. The dressing is then tossed together with a bed of spring greens mix, avocado, sliced radish, heirloom tomatoes, and fresh mint leaves. It makes a lively spring salad that is bursting with colors and flavors.
Light yet flavorful, this sweet miso dressing goes very well with any type of fresh salad leaves. You can even use it on steamed vegetables, or even chilled or grilled tofu!
I tried slices of avocado and mint in the salad for the first time and loved how well they go with the miso flavor! The creaminess from the avocado and the refreshing punch from the mint leaves really bring the salad to another level. That’s the reward of trying something new.
If you’re tasked with bringing a side dish to a potluck, this winning salad is easy enough to put together at the last minute. Just prepare the dressing in a separate container.
Spring Mix Salad with Sweet Miso Dressing
- 2 cups spring mix salad
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 red radish (sliced)
- 3 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 4 mint leaves (hand-torn)
- 1–2 radish sprouts (discard the bottom; optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the dressing ingredients: 2 Tbsp M1nute Miso (liquid miso), 2 Tbsp rice vinegar (unseasoned), 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil, and 1 Tbsp toasted white sesame seeds. Whisk it all together.
- Rinse 2 cups spring mix salad and dry completely. Toss the salad, 1 avocado (sliced), 1 red radish (sliced), 3 cherry tomatoes (sliced), 4 mint leaves (hand-torn), and 1–2 radish sprouts (optional) in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing into the bowl and toss gently. Serve immediately.