My kids love Gyoza. They don’t even look what’s inside when they eat it. They eat it all! That is why I hide some ingredients that they don’t normally eat, like Shiso leaves, inside Gyoza. It’s green and it has unique flavor. I want my kids to be familiar with different kinds of food while they are small. They enjoy this crispy chicken shiso Gyoza and didn’t seem to be bothered that something green was peeking out. 🙂
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings and mix well. Add the meat in the bowl and rub it with hands. Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes or until you are ready to cook.
- On top of Gyoza wrapper, place Shiso leaf and put the meat on top. Fold in half as you see in the picture.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Place the Gyoza on the pan and cover to cook until nicely browned. Then turn it over and cover to cook again. When the chicken is cooked through, uncover and cook 1-2 minutes till the Gyoza becomes crispy.
- Serve with Yuzu Kosho Ponzu sauce.
- If you have extra Gyoza wrappers, you can put cheese inside and cook on the pan. Kids love it!
Gyoza Wrappers: Homemade recipe, click here.
MY LATEST RECIPES
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.