When we have BBQ meals, we always have a side of grilled corn. The meal just doesn’t feel complete without a side of yummy grilled corns. Fresh and naturally sweet corn is a wonderful side dish for both children and adults. Our recent favorite corn recipe is Grilled Corn with Miso Butter using Hikari Miso‘s Organic Saikyo Sweet Miso.
I received many positive feedback about my miso recipes from readers who had thought miso is only for making miso soup. The Japanese use miso paste for soup, marinade, dressing, sauce, pickling, and its importance as an ingredient is similar to soy sauce! With my recent partnership with my favorite brand of miso, Hikari Miso, I look forward to sharing more miso recipes with you as I experiment with miso.
Today I used Saikyo Miso (sweet white miso, 西京味噌), which originated from the Kyoto area and commonly used in Kyoto or Western Japan (Kansai region). If you like the flavor of Saikyo Miso, try this delicious Miso Cod recipe.
For the corn, you can remove husk completely before grilling, but today I kept it on so the grilled corn would look a little nicer for the photography. I hope you give this recipe a try this summer!
Hikari Miso products will be available in Amazon soon (some are available already). You can also buy Hikari Miso products in Japanese grocery stores (my local Japanese and Asian stores carry their product).
- 4 ears corn
- 1 green onion/scallion (chopped)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp Organic Miso Saikyo Sweet (or white miso)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Strip the husks away from the top of the corn to the base, like peeling a banana. Leave the husk attached at the stem end (or you can completely discard it).
- Remove the corn silk and fold the husk back over the stalk. Tie the husk with string or a strip of husk to form a handle.
- Mix all ingredients for honey miso butter and set aside.
- Heat an outdoor grill to high. Spray the grates with cooking spray or soak a paper towel in olive oil and rub over grates several times until coated.
- Place the corn on the grill and put a sheet of aluminum foil under the husk to keep the husks from burning.
- Brush the corn with the honey miso butter as it grills. The ears are cooked when golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve with extra honey miso butter as option.
Corn: It’s easier to husk corn under running water.
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.
Full Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Hikari Miso. To read more about my partnership with Hikari Miso, click click here.