I hope everyone had a good weekend. We had our family pictures taken outdoor by a photographer on Saturday. Since the kids were born, we have had family portraits taken twice a year, once around Thanksgiving for Christmas cards and another around our kids’ birthdays (April and May). Hopefully the pictures will turn out great! I also asked for my solo portrait so I can finally update my picture on the blog.
Today I will share a salad recipe. This salad can be served with Western meal or Asian meal. The dressing is made of mayonnaise and Ponzu. If you haven’t tried this combination, I hope you give it a try. It’s refreshing and delicious! I used imitation crab as I became allergic to crab in my 20’s… it’ll taste even better if you use real crab!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!
- 1 pkg imitation crab meat (kanikama) (1 pkg = 145 g) (cut in half)
- ½ English cucumber (cut in half lengthwise and sliced diagonally)
- ½ cup corn kernels
- Cut imitation crab and cucumber and put them in a large bowl. Add corn kernels.
- In a small bowl, combine Dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Keep in the fridge separately if you don’t serve right away. When you are ready to serve, pour the dressing in the salad and mix well.
Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.
Editor’s Note: Pictures were updated in June 2014